Job title: Product Designer
Reporting to: Group Product Manager
Location: Johannesburg or remote
Start date: ASAP
At Healthforce we're building technology that enables team-based primary healthcare. Nurses manage their clinics with our digital product and, together with our team of doctors, complete thousands of telemedicine consultations every single month. We're also building an app that gives anyone access to a nurse or doctor, via their smartphone, no matter where they are. And all this is just the first step in our mission to make healthcare more affordable, compassionate and uplifting.
The product team works at the heart of Healthforce to research, design and deliver technology that customers love. We're looking for a Product Designer to help us design and build our next wave of products and services. Product Designers at Healthforce specialize in either User Experience (UX) or User Interface (UI) design, but they work across both of those categories to some degree.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the design of features for our products, across all stages including research, ideation, concept development, detailed design and validation.
- Craft every detail of our product experience, from microinteraction and interface copy all the way through holistic service experience.
- Form part of a multidisciplinary product team, working with product managers, researchers, business analysts, engineers and others to deliver Healthforce products and services.
- Contribute to, maintain and evolve our design systems and standards.
- Get to know our customers (patients, clinicians, funders and other stakeholders), advocate for them at every level, and create truly awesome experiences for them.
WHO YOU ARE
- You love designing awesome digital products and experiences.
- You take a human-centred approach to your work and you always aim to design products that have a meaningful impact.
- You love crafting the details of everything you make. You’re attentive to every detail, and you make things consistent and scalable.
- You’re comfortable working closely with product managers, business analysts, engineers, data analysts and others. You can synthesize and incorporate their points of view into your design work.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in to figure things out.
- You’re an excellent communicator. Not only are your verbal and written communication skills outstanding, but you also use visual thinking (like sketching) to make complex concepts clear and understandable for others.
- You love learning new things. Whether it’s a design method, trend, artwork or idea, you’re always curious and eager to discover something new.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years experience as a Product/UX Designer working on consumer tech.
- You’ve built up a portfolio of previous work demonstrating strong UX problem solving ability (your application is unlikely to be considered without this).
- Experience in healthcare or financial services is advantageous, but not required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience.
- Certifications in design, data visualisation, research etc are advantageous.
- Work for a customer-centred organisation, with a mission to make healthcare better for humanity.
- We’re a remote-first company. We use modern tools and remote infrastructure so that you can work from anywhere in South Africa.
- Technology powers everything that we do at Healthforce. Come and be part of building a next-generation technology company.
- Opportunities to learn and grow. We invest significantly in continuous learning and growth for our employees.
- We believe in empowering our team, giving them autonomy and ownership of their work, and the support they need to do their very best work.
- Work with a smart, friendly and diverse team.